Saturday, January 10, 2009

The boyz of Dog Town

It's 2009 and I thought it was about time I got back to my blogging. I took this picture of Alaska and Duke last year. Duke is my Dad's dog and he is a character and a half. Like you couldn't tell by this picture! He is always in your face and full of energy. I wish I had his energy and I think Alaska is thinking the same thing here. It looks like he is saying: "I remember when I was your age, was I that crazy? Naah, I was an escape artist. Nothing could hold me back, not collars, chain link dog runs, etc. ... Man those were the days." "I couldn't understand why Mom got so mad at me when she came to pick me up from that place where there are a lot of other dogs in kennels that I couldn't escape from. All the humans were so friendly, I just couldn't stay away for long. I think after awhile my Mom had to go to court about me. I don't know what that means, but I soon found out that she didn't like me taking off without asking. She bought me a new collar that wasn't comfortable at all. When I tried to escape again, instead of the collar coming right off my head, it got tighter and tighter and it poked my neck. I decided I didn't like that collar very much, but she wouldn't take it off. So I guess my Houdini days were over." Ahh, those were the days."

1 comment:

Carol L. said...

That was fun and cute to read! Keep up the good work.

From...your "favorite" chair massage customer.